The short question is why is his name back in my life ? Pierce Cody . .
The short answer is - On seeking a reference Paul Fishmann spoke briefly to fellow YPO'er Pierce Cody, PC gave a less than glowing reference - in fact he stated that I had stolen from him - a lesser reference I can't imagine.
My Position at Macro was as a Contracted Independent Consultant, at NO time was I employed by Macro.
OK - the short version out of the way, these are the facts.
- On average I was posting invoices of $15,000 a month to Macro - A company with 8 outlets and a turnover in excess of $5,000,000 a month - Mr Cody's specious allegation is that I defrauded Macro of $118- one hundred and eighteen dollars! I had witnessed this non-payment tactic by Mr Cody to struggling Organic Suppliers - however never believed it would happen to me.
- In September 2008, while contracted to Macro Pty Ltd - Pierce Cody via his payroll team WITHDREW $10,000 from my bank account
- In the same month I was forced to pay - The CFO and Operations Managers refused to set up accounts for or sign cheques to purchase furniture for the fitout of Macros new Mona Vale Store - let me re state: I was clearly instructed by both the CFO and the Operations Manager that I would Have to Pay for cafe furniture out of my own pocket and be reimbursed by Macro.
- In June 2008 Brett Blundy employed an Exit Strategist to remove himself from Macro
- By July 2008 Mr Blundy had proceeded down this track and was intent on leaving the business.
- In August 2008 I requested a meeting with Mr Blundy to rectify what I considered a poor decision, Mr Blundy was of the opinion that saving his friendship with the then untenable Mr Cody was more important than his business liaison. I pointed out that unfortunately the two went hand in hand - if Mr Blundy Exited Macro, Mr Cody would become insolvent, and an insolvent Mr Cody would not be a worthy buddy - the conclusion of this meeting was that Mr Blundy had no choice but to see the business through to a successful sale.
This last point is the one that holds the most grief for me . . . . .
In our lives we often make bad decisions - we often make statements we wish could be simply erased - this conversation should never have taken place.
to be continued . . . . .