Saturday, October 22, 2011

Favorite New Thought: Ray Caesar

Favorite New Thought: Ray Caesar

One of our favorite thoughts Ray Caesar, has an exhibition opening this weekend at Corey Helford Gallery in Los Angeles. “A Dangerous Inclination” continues on Caesar’s cathartic theme of elegantly haunting works. Caesar’s latest works disclose a more personal side to his narratives. While maintaning the self disclosure theme “A Dangerous Inclination” has definite notes of difference. Ray Caesar was born in 1958 in London. At an early age, his family moved to Toronto, Canada, where he currently resides. From 1977—80 he attended Ontario College of Art. Of his work, Caesar says” Virtually all of my work deals with coming to terms with the subconscious elements to my life and the way I experience the world around me. My work seems to keep on the regular themes of “Hunting Back Innocence” and “Revelations of Light” and the painful process of “Self Examination” and hidden voices calling like sirens in the night. Premonitions and the worlds of pleasure and pain and ugliness and beauty and humiliation and dignity. For many people what I do is art, but for me the pictures are a communication from my subconscious to my conscious mind. That being said, I love and enjoy what I do and on one level it’s always simply been about sitting in the sun and making pretty pictures” M★C READ MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin